COVID-19: SOIL’s Response
COVID-19 Community Announcement
Although SOIL has not been able to offer our regular in-person programs since March 2020 due to COVID, we’re discovering new ways to provide learning experiences virtually and excited to run in-person programs in 2021.
Let’s stay healthy and keep learning!
- Online Workshops – ranging from one to seven sessions led by an instructor in real time.
- In-Person Classes at Earthaven – From June to September we will be gathering safely outdoors for the magic of experiential learning in the village setting. For more information, see our COVID-19 Health and Safety Practices.
- Live Virtual Tours – an interactive journey through Earthaven Ecovillage with a community member as your guide. The tour includes a slideshow presentation followed by Q&A.
- Integrated Living Podcast – audio recordings hosted by Earthaven community members, featuring interviews about different aspects of integrated living and community. [FREE]
- SOIL Compositions – essays, interviews, articles, and stories that introduce the wide range of philosophies, wisdom, and teachings that have influenced us. [FREE]
Like many nonprofits and businesses, SOIL has suffered financial losses because of COVID-19. To fully recover, we are relying on your continued attendance in classes and financial support. With your help, we can continue to fulfill our mission of inspiring and empowering people to live creative and responsible lives.
Please be assured that the SOIL team is still on-the-job, adapting our work to fit an ever-evolving situation, and pushing our mission forward for the benefit of all. If you have any questions or issues, please email us.
We also want to share that as we look across the rapidly changing landscape across this nation and world – our hearts go out with profound empathy for all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. Please remain steadfast in supporting your friends, family, and community the very best you can, and let us know anything we can do to help.
For those that have requested more online learning resources from us, know that we are hearing you! COVID-19 prompts us to re-imagine how we could continue to share these important skills in new ways, extending our reach to those who will benefit, especially now. Look out for updates about possibilities for online learning.
COVID-19 and Family Life: Encouraging Resilience in Our Kids
With great empathy for the special challenges that families are facing, we present wisdom from SOIL Instructors and Earthaveners on supporting kids to adapt and thrive during the pandemic.
An Herbalist’s Advice on COVID-19, Influenza, and Other Flu-Like Viruses
Rachel Fee, Trauma-Informed Herbalist and Earthaven resident and member, weighs in on which herbs may be truly helpful for prevention and treatment with COVID-19, which may be dangerous or unhelpful, and why.
A Permaculture Take on the Virus
SOIL co-founder and instructor Lee Warren in a frank discussion about illness and death. While some may find Lee’s take controversial, we feel that the questions and provocations she offers could radically alter how we relate to the pandemic.
The Utility and Beauty of Grief in Turbulent Times
Lia Grippo, Founder of Wild Roots and instructor at Reaching Nature Connection, reflects on the value of grief and strategies for dealing with it during turbulent times.