The Earthaven campground serves participants in organized in-person programs, including Earthaven Ecovillage tours.
The campground is in a forested area near the village center. The campground has drinking water, a compost toilet, solar shower, and a tarped camp kitchen. The campground does not have electricity. The campground is near the Council Hall for emergency phone calls.
Most camping is in tent sites, with cars parked in a nearby parking lot. Two sites are available for vans, small RVs (30 ft maximum), and car camping. There are no water or electric hookups at these sites.
Options for camping at Earthaven
Experience the magic of Ecovillage living in the Blue Ridge
Camping with a Saturday tour
We run ecovillage tours most Saturdays. The schedule for a Saturday tour with camping is:
- Friday, 2-4:30 pm – Arrive at the campground and set up
- Friday 4:30 pm – Campground orientation
- Saturday 10 am – Earthaven tour
- Sunday or Monday – check out
If this schedule doesn’t work for you, either arrange for a customized tour or camp in a neighboring campground.
Camping with a customized tour
Customized tours are offered through our customized education program. With customized education, you work with SOIL staff to design an experience for your large or small group. For camping, the experience must include at least an in-person tour and campground orientation. You can also arrange for additional activities for your interests. Contact us to design a tour or program for your family or group.
To foster safety for all, Earthaven requests the following:
- If you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, do not attend the tour. Please let us know and we can reschedule your tour.
- Practice social distancing while on the tour.
- Tour guides will also be practicing social distancing.
- Wear a mask while at Earthaven.
Camping is $20/night per adult. Kids are free. Tours are additional.
There’s a two-night minimum charge, but you don’t need to stay both nights.
NO dogs or other pets
You will be excused from the land, if you bring a pet with you. We allow service dogs on a case by case basis. Please contact us directly for more details.
Nearby camping options
Sky Island Retreat is a pet-friendly getaway featuring log home rentals, camping cabins, and RV and tent sites. Sky Island is 8.5 miles from Earthaven.
Curtis Creek Campground is located in the first tract of National Forest land in the Eastern US at the site of an old Civilian Conservation Corp (CCC) camp. The campground has tent sited with vault toilets and can accommodate RVs up to 35 feet. Curtis Creek campground is 17 miles from Earthaven.
If you cancel your registration, you may:
- Donate your tuition to support our continued work
- Request a refund per our policy:
- 90% refund for cancellations prior to 30 days before the start of the program
- 50% refund for cancellations prior to 10 days before the start of the program
If SOIL cancels a tour for any reason whatsoever, you can be placed on a tour a different date, transfer your registration to a virtual tour, or you would receive a 100% refund.
Complete the registration form once for your party of up to six adults with the same schedule. With this form, you can register for tours, camping, and any special events happening during your visit. It takes about 5 minutes, and you will complete your enrollment with a credit card authorization or send a check.
After your enrollment is processed in our office, you will receive several confirmations…
- An automatic confirmation of receiving your registration form
- A payment confirmation from our card processor if you paid with a credit card
- Confirmation from a human that your registration has been processed