Earthaven Ecovillage Tours
10:00 am – 12:30 pm (arrive at 9:45)
Near Asheville, NC
Want to get a feel for an ecovillage in your body?
Only have a little bit of time for a visit and you’re on a shoe-string budget?
Join one of our tours!
Tours are a great entry point into learning the history, purpose, and development of Earthaven Ecovillage. These tours are designed to provide learners with a deeper understanding about living in community as well as the strategies and solutions possible for doing things another way.
In just a couple of hours, you’ll get a very informative introduction to this 26+ year experimental journey of social, environmental and economic sustainability. You’ll not only learn of things you might want to do, but also what you might NOT want to do.
Would you like a tour but can’t make it to Earthaven? Check out our virtual tours.
Experience the magic of Ecovillage living in the Blue Ridge
Of course nothing beats being able to actually walk the land, see the Council hall, tour some dwellings, and enjoy interacting with the residents and teachers at Earthaven.
After registering, you’ll be enrolled for this tour and directed to a page with additional information.
To foster safety for all, Earthaven requests the following:
- If you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, do not attend the tour. Please let us know and we can reschedule your tour.
- Practice social distancing while on the tour.
- Tour guides will also be practicing social distancing.
- Wear a mask while at Earthaven.
If you cancel your registration at a later date, you may:
- Donate your tuition to support our continued work
- Request a refund per our policy:
- 90% refund for cancellations prior to 30 days before the start of the program
- 50% refund for cancellations prior to 10 days before the start of the program
If SOIL cancels a tour for any reason whatsoever, you can be placed on a tour a different date, transfer your registration to a virtual tour, or you would receive a 100% refund.
$20 per adult. Kids are free.
Online registration is open for the January and February tours. To register, select the link for the number of adults in your party. If you have more than two in your party, please register them separately.
- February 13: One adult, Two adults
- February 27: One adult, Two adults
- March13: One adult, Two adults
- March 27: One adult, Two adults
- April 3: One adult, Two adults
- April 10: One adult, Two adults
- April 17: One adult, Two adults
- April 24: One adult, Two adults
To register for a future tour date, please contact us to make an advance reservation:
- May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- June 5, 12, 19, 26
- July 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- August 7, 14, 21, 28
- September 4, 11, 18, 25
- October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- November 13, 27
- December 11, 25