SOIL’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Practices
We recognize that COVID-19 continues to be a public health concern. In developing appropriate protocols and procedures, we are monitoring guidelines from the CDC, our county governance, and North Carolina executive orders. Because our classroom is outdoors, we feel confident that all classes will run safely in 2021. If conditions change and we amend these Health and Safety Practices, we will notify participants immediately.
SOIL’s Safety Practices:
- Classes will mostly be held outdoors in open-air environments.
- All staff will be self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19. If they develop symptoms, they will stay home.
- Multiple hand-washing stations and hand-sanitizers will be provided.
- Although masks are not required, we will be fully supportive if someone chooses to wear one.
- We won’t be asking about anyone’s vaccine status.
What SOIL expects of its participants:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that resemble COVID-19, please stay home.
- Ask for consent before touching others and being within somone’s social bubble.
- Bring a face mask. You may be asked to wear a mask for certain activities in which we will be in close contact. (For example, if you are invited into a member’s home for a tour and the member would like you to wear a mask.) You may opt out of the activity if you don’t want to wear a mask.
We will do our best to fully support anyone who self-selects for more restrictive social distancing or mask wearing than the policies outlined above.