SOIL’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Practices
We recognize that COVID-19 continues to be a public health concern. In developing appropriate protocols and procedures, we are monitoring guidelines from the CDC, our county governance, and North Carolina executive orders. Because our classroom is outdoors and masks are encouraged at close distance, we feel confident that all classes will run safely in 2021. If conditions change and we amend these Health and Safety Practices, we will notify participants immediately.
SOIL’s Safety Practices:
- Classes will be held outdoors in open-air environments and designed to allow for 6 feet of physical distance from each other.
- All staff will be self-monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19. If they develop symptoms, they will stay home.
- Multiple hand-washing stations and hand-sanitizers will be provided.
- Common spaces will be cleaned regularly (at the end of each use or day).
- Meals will be served in a physically distanced serving line.
- Masks are to be worn when going through the food line.
- Although masks are not required when people are able to maintain physical distance, we will be fully supportive if someone chooses to wear one.
What SOIL expects of its participants:
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that resemble COVID-19, please stay home.
- Minimize touch with anyone outside of those you already live with, and ask for consent before touching others in general.
- As much as is possible, keep 6 feet distance from others.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- Wear a mask when going through the food line and in close proximity with shared food.
We will do our best to fully support anyone who self-selects for more restrictive social distancing or mask wearing than the policies outlined above.