Schedule and Calendar
Residential Immersion: June 10–August 11, 2017
- June 10–12: Immersion Opening Orientation
- June 12–30: Permaculture Design Certification Course
- July 1–5: Personal Integration and Reflection*
- July 6–9: Living Skills and Community Service Project
- July 10–August 11: Immersion (weekly schedule below)
*July 1–5 are unstructured days in which participants are welcome to travel or stay at Earthaven. We encourage everyone to prioritize rest and rejuvenation and be ready to jump right back into deep learning after returning on July 6.
Each week features approximately 50 hours of structured learning (formal and informal), weaving sustainability education into the fabric of an integrated and empowered life. This structure allows participants to earn both the Permaculture Design Certificate and Ecovillage Design Education Certificate while enjoying the unique opportunities available through SOIL's partnership with Earthaven.
In addition to the dynamic group experience, the Permaculture and Ecovillage Immersion offers individualized learning opportunities:
- Individual one-on-one mentorship on a twice-monthly basis to support participants' personal learning journeys. This guidance prepares students to successfully integrate their learned skills and expanded awareness into life after the program ends.
- Focused small-group learning teams devoted to a particular land-based endeavor (e.g., garden, farm, homestead) on a weekly basis with leadership from a seasoned gardener or farmer. These teams will learn about the systems and tools required to steward the land in a conscious and realistic way.
Weekly Immersion Schedule
Permaculture Design Certification Course Schedule
7:30–8:30 am Breakfast
8:30–9:00 am Opening/principle review/recap from previous day
9:00 am–12:30 pm Morning Session with break
12:30–2:00 pm Lunch and rest
2:00–6:00 pm Afternoon Session with break
6:30–7:30 pm Dinner
7:30 pm Evening Group Project work
The 18-day course includes some half and full days off throughout.